My client, a successful business who design and develop award winning products, are looking for an Engineering Project Assistant to join their team based in Surrey.
This diverse and challenging role is split into three core areas as follows:
A) Engineering Team Project Coordination.
* Maintain an engineering activity tracker in excel with support from Engineering Director.
* Generate and maintain project schedules using information provided by the project lead.
* Support in the preparation of project status presentations using defined templates.
* Manage the transition of finished goods and materials through the post Stage gate 4 handover process into materials planning.
* Provide summary to the Project Leads by coordinating the availability of materials and prototype parts with Materials Planning and OIDC. Practically this will mean working with Project leads and Product Manager, to understand project demand for materials, components and finished goods for timely and efficient raising of development.
B) Engineering Team Administration support.
* Arrange and coordinate Audio and Video Conference call meetings.
* Take and publish engineering meeting minutes.
* Issue job requests for product development production runs.
* Contact suppliers for quotations for component parts, products, technical services etc.
* Collate necessary pre-stagegate 4 component approval documentation.
* Ensure accurate and timely communication with Materials Planning of new product specifications and availability.
C) Engineering Team Budget Control.
* Implement, monitor, report and maintain systems for controlling project budgets of resource and cost. Reports to be issued Monthly.
The successful applicant will have:
* Good Numeracy Skills including processing graphical data.
* Natural interest in products and technology.
* Advanced in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web-based research.
* Familiar with Office 365 and Sharepoint an advantage.
* Excellent communication, planning and time management skills
* Able to prioritise deadlines and balance conflicting demands
* Resourceful, proactive and can-do attitude.
* Ability to work within a project-based and team-based environment
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to communicate effectively to team members.
* Commercially astute and business savvy
* +2 years' experience in a planning / scheduling role within a technology company an advantage.
* Experience in collating and presenting product specifications a distinct advantage.
If you fulfil the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.Print Save To Shortlist