IC Resources is working with a market leading electronics business to find an Engineering Supervisor to be based in the Paris site.
Concept Design and Development
* Supervise product design engineers with all product development activities required to bring electrical terminal and connector designs into production, as defined by the New Product Development Process (NPD).
* Oversee creation of presentation material for internal and customer design reviews.
* Ensure creation of product drawings in compliance with Drawing Standard and accepted GD&T methodology.
* Ensure proper development of product Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) to help identify and eliminate potential product failures.
* Ensure compliance to engineering change requests (ECR) per document control procedures.
* Ensure effective Interfacing of engineering team with internal departments (manufacturing, quality, lab, sales and marketing) as well as suppliers and customers, in support of all product development activities.
Design Verification & Product Validation
* Insure proper development of design validation plan & report (DVP&R) documentation.
* Insure proper support of internal & customer 8D resolution activities.
* Mentor product design engineers by providing guidance on proper design selection and analysis techniques.
* Mentor product design engineers in the practice of guiding principles and Market Based Management philosophy.
* Understand, support, and contribute to Total Quality Management (TQM), Quality (QS9000), and Environmental Management (ISO14000) Systems by following approved policies and procedures
* Some travel may be required.
* Performs other work-related duties as required by management.
Education & Work Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent science degree (Diploma Ingenieur)
* Full proficiency in spoken and written French.
* Professional working proficiency in spoken and written English.
* 5+ years as product design engineer of terminal and connector products for automotive applications.
* Proven leadership experience with some supervisory experience.
If you fulfill the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.
You can search for a new job here.