Field Application Engineer – Component Manufacturer
Field Application Engineer (Automotive Market) - Passive & Emech Component Manufacturer
Excellent Salary + Benefits
A leading manufacturer of Passive and Electromechanical Components is seeking an experienced Field Application Engineer (FAE) to act as technical interface between customer, development and sales teams with the goal to support/uncovering new opportunities and create technical solutions to solve customer problems. The role is home/field based within the UK with responsibilities to also look after customers in Sweden.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Strong engineering background.
- Deep understanding of Passive and/or Electromechanical components including Sensors.
- Sound understanding of chassis & powertrain applications and ability to deepen it as well as experience working directly with Tier 1 Automotive customers
- Self motivated.
- Good communications skills and proactive attitude.
- Basic understanding of supplier selection processes within the automotive industries and ways to influence customer´s choices.
- Willingness to travel and spend 1-2 days per week in Gothenburg if required.
- Technical support for new project enquiry and development (specification review, technology selection, test specification, samples, technical offers, etc).
- Develop technical solutions meeting customer needs.
- Ensure a good communication between customer engineers and the companies engineering teams.
- Understand and share technology trend and project strategies at our customer and future market requirement (Develop customer application know how).
- Build and expand relationship with relevant key technical people at customer.
- Influence in the early phase customer specifications and decision roadmaps in the interest of the company.
- Initiate advanced engineering collaboration with customers.
- Prepare technical / technology presentation for customers.
- Support identifying new business opportunities matching current portfolio and potential future technologies.
- Interface with PMT department on customer programs.
- Facilitate and manage customer demos on occasion.
- Supports the sales team.
This opportunity requires strong technical knowledge of Passive and Electromechanical Components, with emphasis towards Sensors in particular, and the ability to influence design related decision as well as providing after care support to customers.
Northern Ireland, Scotland, UK, Wales