My client is a US derived semiconductor equipment supplier, with expertise in deposition (CVD), etch, implant and thermal processes. Their EMEA field service team sits within Germany and they're currently looking for a Field Service Manager who can oversee the post-sales support function.
This is still a 'hands on' role which requires:
- Troubleshooting and repairing equipment
- Performing equipment inspection audits
- Creating technical documentation
- Travelling to customer site frequently
The successful applicant will therefore require:
- Mechanical and Electronics knowledge (preferably degree qualified)
- A thorough understanding of networking
- Experience developing and supporting a team (as a manager or supervisor)
- The ability to create an effective working culture
- The willingness to spend the working week 'on the road' (and on business trips in the US/Asia)
- A home office in Munich, Dresden, or Regensburg
The incumbent is moving internally in to a new role, so there will be full support available whilst the transition takes place. There is also a motivated team of experienced engineers reporting in to this role, so it will be a good experience honing their skills and preparing them for the 'next steps' as business demands change.
You can search for a new job here.