I am working with a very successful Consultancy based in Cambridge to find a Group Leader for their Mechanics and Design Department. This interesting role will give you the opportunity to be a leader within the discipline, both from a technical perspective and a managerial one. You will mentor the group members and help them develop their skills, whilst taking an active role in the technical project teams.
* Working with the other Department Leaders and technical seniors, you will be responsible for leading the activities of the group.
* Specific responsibilities will include:
* Active and significant contribution in technical delivery of solutions and products to manufacture
* Line management of members of the group
* Leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams, focusing the team to deliver a solution
* Participating in sales meetings with clients and, in conjunction with other senior members, helping to interpret client requirements, demonstrating the company's capability and developing technical proposals
* Working with team members to communicate ideas and engineering concepts to all disciplines
* Recruiting new staff members into the group which align with the Department and Divisional growth plans
* Collaborating with other experts across the company from a range of background and skillsets on all aspects of good engineering practice
* Preparing and delivering technical documentation to high quality requirements
* Working with other engineering disciplines to meet our client goals
The successful applicant will have:
* An excellent degree in engineering (or equivalent experience), with a focus on mechanical or similar specialisms
* Strong client-facing skills and must be willing to travel from time to time
* Team leadership, project management or experience of mentoring people in a technical environment
* Experience of working with CEMs typically including contractual negotiations, supplier audits, supply chain management and transfer to manufacture
* Substantial experience working professionally within a mechanical discipline
* Experience and ability in interpreting client requirements and developing technical proposals
* Capacity to lead design direction within the context of manufacturing, including design reviews and FMECAs.