65K - 75K
I'm searching for an Innovation Manager who will manage a portfolio of innovation opportunities to ensure pharmaceutical requirements are integrated in all innovation and product development activities.
* Responsible for the creation of new business opportunities in the area of drug delivery and related fields
* Maintain a deep and comprehensive understanding of the healthcare industry. Identify trends and technical challenges that demand the identification and creation of novel, disruptive solutions. Gathering market and user requirements and technical specifications for new products and business opportunities.
* Continuously scout the external environment to identify technologies that may fit with strategic objectives (Open Innovation)
* Establish and maintain a network with academic research within Healthcare and Engineering disciplines. Oversee academic collaborations (PhDs, PostDocs etc.)
* Ensure close collaboration with colleagues elsewhere within the Group.
* Act as Project Sponsor to a number of complex, multi-discipline product development projects, with specific emphasis on early stage activities, providing timely issue resolution, expert knowledge and key decisions at each stage of the project.
* Demonstrate creativity and innovation on projects by maintaining up to date knowledge of technological advances in drug delivery devices and formulation drug delivery technologies.
* Champion the deployment, and be seen as an expert in, the business's Innovation platform and play a senior role in its evolution.
* Member of the Innovation Leadership team - jointly responsible for agreeing the direction of the group, implementing Innovation strategy and managing resourcing of Innovation projects.
* Support the rest of the business with their IP requirements.
ESSENTIAL KEY ATTRIBUTES:
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a technical discipline
* Solid and demonstrable experience in Innovation, gained within a similar industrial environment.
* Programme management experience and significant experience of managing multifunctional teams at senior level
* Commercial acumen and experience of managing multi-million pound projects and programmes
* Pharmaceutical and / or medical device experience development / manufacture
* Further degree in Engineering, Drug Delivery or Pharmaceutical Science
* Strong technical aptitude
You can search for a new job here.