IT Application Engineer (m/f/d) - Fault Detection Software
IT and Software programming role for a self-responsible and communicative person. My client is a global semiconductor world-leader with HQ in Austria. This is a challenging, communicative and creative new role for an IT professional who is willing to learn how to design, implement and sustain a new sw-tool.
Work permit for Austria: mandatory. German skills: highly desired as this role will interface with non-English speakers.
Your tasks and responsibilities
Your role will consist of two areas: 50% will be classic IT duties, like web services, network communication protocols, with scripting and programming duties (Python, Java) from time to time.
The other 50% you will develop, implement and sustain an existing software tool for fault detection and process control for a big production site and large production orders.
You will be an interface to in-house personnel as well as clients, to assist in matters related to the fault detection software-tool and others. With your statistics and mathematical knowledge and affinity, you are able to report relevant statistics to customers and partners.
For this role, you are willing to learn the specific software (colleagues and mentors are on hand) and it's networking protocols, to carry out your daily tasks.
Your education and experiences
* Technical educational background (HTL, TU,...)
* Network Communication Protocols (TCP/IP, SECS/GEM, HTTP)
* Database (SQL, MariaDB, Oracle)
* Knowledge of modelling methodologies and statistics
* Advanced Knowledge of Windows and Linux (Shellscripts …)
* Flexibility (e.g. working in on-call model which is in place)
* Fluent English, German desired (willingness to learn German is mandatory)
* Self responsible, problem solving skills, proactive, communicative, happy to interface with engineers, stakeholders, non-IT personnel
Location: Graz, Austria
Interested? Please apply and get in touch With Christina Hubich at IC Resources.