Up to €65k + exceptional benefits
My multinational client within the semiconductor / software sector has an urgent requirement for an IT Engineer with 3+ years experience in a similar role who will offer 1st/2nd line support to the their office based in Frankfurt.
You will be responsible for specifying, procuring, installing, upgrading, repairing and the general troubleshooting of desktop and portable computers on-site (80% of role).The successful candidate will also be required to travel to other German sites (Berlin, Munich and Nuremberg) throughout the month so you must be prepared to travel and this will make up approximately 20% of the role. The business language is English but any German language skills would be beneficial.
* Software installation, desktop imaging, software inventory and monitoring
* To work closely with the US based IT function to ensure maximum compatibility where necessary
* Probability of ad-hoc desktop project work at later stage within role
* Fully administer and escalate jobs from help desk system
* The ability to work well in small team with occasional out of hours work needed.
* Analyse and make suggestions on the improvement to the overall infrastructure
* Develop Strategic deployment methods of technologies across multiple sites
* Provide Escalation support to assist global site troubleshooting effort of client issues.
* Participate in cross functional discussions regarding trends modelling and futures planning
* Server administration tasks (backups, upgrades, maintenance etc.)
* Windows server tuning
* Remote support of regional offices in EU
* MCP Accreditation
* BSc Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* MCSE ASE Network
* ITIL certification
* Unix/Linux knowledge
For more information or to apply please contact Seamus Hayes at IC Resources.
You can search for a new job here.