My client is at the forefront of EDA and design services globally and they are seeking a Lead Applications Engineer to join their team in Munich. You will be supporting customers mainly on pre-sales activities but also, continuing that technical support long-term. You will understand IC design flow, simulation and ideally UNIX/Linux environments.
>> Munich based with travel 1-2 times per month across Germany and Central Europe <<
· Relevant technical degree, or equivalent.
· Significant knowledge of IC design and technical support on that design; understanding the overall design flow.
· Simulation experience is preferred.
· Experience of UNIX or Linux environments; scripting language a plus!
· Clear and coherent communication skills in English.
· Supporting on pre-sales activities and designs with customers across Germany and Central Europe; engaging on technical sales campaigns and product evaluations whilst promoting relevant tools and services.
· Demonstrate clearly the technical advantages of your product portfolio.
· Manage the technical support and integration of key accounts; continuing the technical support after the sale is complete.
· Work alongside internal teams to meet customer needs and support with designs.
· Travel 1-2 times per month to client-sites in Germany and central Europe.
You will be technically competent in IC design and simulation with a clear capability to identify commercial opportunities in technical environments. You will be able to identify the customer's needs, support with their design and recommend tools and services to support.