Lead Mechanical Engineer - Automotive Electronics
The Mechanical Lead is responsible for leading the mechanical development of my clients LIDAR. The Mechanical Lead is performing technical tasks within the project and company mandated targets.
Some of the main tasks include:
* Acts as primary management interface and escalation for all product system related issues.
* Provides technical leadership in directing the efforts of the team in the development and production release of all relevant engineering deliverables in compliance with the product development process and customer expectations.
* Works with managers and other team leads to improve development processes.
* Ensures engineering targets (quality, delivery timing, performance, engineering budget, etc.) for engineering deliverables are met.
* a. Ensuring design reviews are completed and productive
* b. Ensures the quality of all team deliverables meet standards and timing
* c. Ensure any required cross-functional design reviews or data sharing is completed
* Responsible for project planning (resources, timing)
* Ensures appropriate technical supplier relationships for all key suppliers.
* Ensures proper sign off on quality of event for all engineering deliverables.
* Ensures proper engineering quote response is provided for new projects and engineering changes. As necessary, supports customer technical reviews.
* Directly manages the team in the implementation of objectives and overall activities and effort estimates.
* 8 years+ relevant experience regarding the responsibility / activities (listed above)
* Experience in Automotive electronics is mandatory
* Experiences in ADAS and autonomous driving desirable
Some of the knowledge and competences needed include:
* Knowledge in mechanical design, development and testing of automotive electronics assemblies
* Comprehensive knowledge of structural and thermal design methodologies
* Knowledge in mechanical analysis techniques
* Knowledge in mechanical product development process
* Strong technical background, proven track record in the industry
* Have hands-on experience building or testing opto-electronics systems or test stations
* Hands on experience with photodetectors, diode and/or lasers
* Material expertise
* Strong knowledge in Design for Manufacturing
* Knowledge of MS Office package (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, OneNote)
* Knowledge of mechanical engineering tools
* Mechanical Computer Aided Design (NX, Catia, ProE)
* Mechanical data management (Teamcenter)
* Mechanical CAE (Ansys Mechanical, Solidworks Analysis)
* Self-dependent and target oriented working style
* Structured and organized working style
* High communication skills with customers, partners and suppliers
* Team player
* Good team and people skills, including interpersonal skills that are required to lead, mentor, communicate, and build the technical capabilities of a cross-functional and cross- cultural organization.
* Strong leadership qualities.
You can search for a new job here.