Salary up to £40,000 depending on experience
Marlborough, Wiltshire, UK
Mechanical Engineer, engaged in the manufacture, assembly & installation of automotive production & assembly equipment. In particular;
- Robot welding cells
- Sealer application cells
- Vision inspection systems
- Bespoke power train equipment (machining & assembly operations)
- Jig & machine build from assembly / component drawings & parts lists.
- Standard & Manufactured parts ordering / receiving / organisation for assembly
- Resource management if using support contract engineers
- Cell risk assesment planning ( RAMS ) as required
- Offline assembly area layout & preparation
- Mechanical, pneumatic & hydraulic systems assembly and functional testing / adjustment.
- Basic robot teaching ( point to point ) where required
- Measurement of critical features ( Manual, laser, camera )
- Endurance and functional testing of completed equipment
- Uplift & install into plantside including service preparation ( Floor, air, power, water )
- Equipment Technical File & Shipping Documentation preparation & evaluation.
Qualifications and experience:
Minimum of ONC or NVQ level 3 in mechanical engineering discipline.
Proven track record in manufacturing / production environment, preferably automotive
In depth experience of :-
- Weld jig & tooling manufacturing / assembly
- Measurement systems ( Laser / Faro )
- Welding techniques & equipment (Spot, Mig, Alluminum, T stud, servo guns, weld timers)
- Robot system set up, functional programming & interlocking ( Fanuc / Motorman )
- Vision system teaching ( Laser / camera )
- Equipment service install ( Power / Air / Floor loading )
- Sealer systems programming ( Sealer / Mastic )
- Machine shop processes ( Weld / Turning / Milling etc )
- Safety systems ( Rams / Safe cell entry )
- Project management skills
You can search for a new job here.