Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
Main tasks and responsibilities
· Contribute to the conceptual stage of design, research and development.
· Perform thermal modelling, stress & fatigue modelling and FEA.
· Consider corrosion, weathering and material degradation and deploy defensive measures.
· Develop and carry out qualification tests and evaluate theoretical designs.
· Recommend modifications in the light of simulation and test results.
· Consider manufacturability, cost and commercial issues.
· Select materials including Engineering plastics, ceramic, metals and composites.
· Ensure optimal design of seals and sealed vacuum enclosures and fasteners.
CAD & Engineering Drawings
· Develop CAD files based on notes, sketches, engineering schematics, technical guides, vendor information.
· Produce drawings to BS8888 standards.
Key skills and experience:
· Degree in Mechanical engineering or other related discipline.
· Solid works experience is essential.
· Project Management skills
· Proven ability to contribute on every stage of product from initial concept to testing of design.
· Knowledge of pressure vessel design
· Knowledge of structural steel work design
· Experience of multi disciplinary manufacturing environment.
You can search for a new job here.