Mechanical Design Engineer
Up to 35K
Mechanical Design Engineer to play a key role in investigating new technologies and developing next generation of products, while at the same time supporting and improving our existing products.
* Generating innovative product concepts and solutions and seeing them through to production.
* Investigate new technologies relevant to company products.
* Support and maintenance of current products manufactured in China.
* Managing / coordinating engineering changes and maintain detailed design records.
* Preparing and release of component specifications, Bill Of Materials and drawings
* Liaise with suppliers, purchasing, quality and manufacturing
* Participate in field evaluations ensuring best in class cost / quality versus competitors
Key skills and attributes
* Must have a relevant engineering qualification and suitable design experience;
* Experience in mechanical product design of mid / high volume electronic products
* Specific experience in the design of several of the following;
- Aluminium and plastic extrusions,
- Design of plastic / metal enclosures for electronic products to meet demanding environmental requirements.
- Cable assemblies, PCB design appreciation, component selection / testing / approvals
* Proficient in 3D CAD systems
* Be able to manage designs and projects from requirements through to manufacture
* Be a pro-active and customer focused self-starter with a can do attitude
* The ability and personality to liaise with customers and colleagues
* Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
*AutoCAD (2D), Autodesk Inventor (2D & 3D)
* Knowledge of optical design would be advantageous e.g. Lens / Light-pipe design
* Tool design experience
* An understanding of wiring diagrams
* Basic understanding or electronics components
Keywords: Mechanical Design Engineer, Electro-Mechanical, Electronics Packaging, Plastic, Metal, Electronics, Berkshire, South East, UK