As the Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for contributing to the conceptual stage of design, research and development. The Mechanical Design Engineer should have experience in structural design and pressure vessel/vacuum design. The Mechanical Design Engineer will report into the chief Engineer.
The salary ranges from £35,000 - £45,000 and is located in Surrey.
Main tasks and responsibilities
· Perform thermal modelling, stress & fatigue modelling and FEA.
· Consider corrosion, weathering and material degradation and deploy defensive measures.
· Develop and carry out qualification tests and evaluate theoretical designs.
· Recommend modifications in the light of simulation and test results.
· Consider manufacturability, cost and commercial issues.
· Select materials including Engineering plastics, ceramic, metals and composites.
· Ensure optimal design of seals and sealed vacuum enclosures and fasteners.
Key skills and experience:
Must have a degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related discipline. Solid works experience is essential alongside project management skills and a proven ability to contribute on every stage of product from initial concept to testing of design.
· Knowledge of pressure vessel design
· Knowledge of structural steel work design
· Experience of multi disciplinary manufacturing environment.
You can search for a new job here.