I am looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a rapidly growing business based in South Wales. The Mechanical Design Engineer will support the design of packages for 3 different technical divisions - Photonics, RF & Microwave and Power Electronics. As the Mechanical Design Engineer you will join a business with some great benefits including a salary of up to £40,000, payment for a professional membership each year, Flexible working hours, Life assurance, 28 days holiday +8 days bank holiday and a holiday carryover scheme!
Package Design Engineer - Main Responsibilities
* Design of Mechanical fixtures and jigs
* Design of optoelectronic, power electronics, RF/Microwave packaging - from concept through to Mechanical Design.
* Simulation of parts to understand thermal transfer, stress and mechanical fatigue.
* Work with peers from other divisions across the business to understand technical requirements and translate them into designs.
Package Design Engineer - Key Qualities
* Degree in Product Design or similar discipline
* Strong CAD skills
* Experience in using CAD for product development and industrial design
* An understanding of microelectronics manufacturing processes
* Knowledge of one or more of the following packaging technologies: Optoelectronics, Power Electronics, RF and Microwave.
If you feel you have the skills and experience necessary and are ready for a new challenge then please get in touch! firstname.lastname@example.org
You can search for a new job here.