I am working with a market leading Instrumentation business based near Brighton to find a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team.
Responsibilities of the role include:
* Producing 3D models and 2D CAD drawings to BS888
* Create CAD (Solidworks) BOMs and Assembly structures, allocating new part numbers from development models for new products.
* Liaising with OEM design departments in order to integrate the cryo product line into their products
* Carrying out other reasonable tasks as required by Management
Requirements of the role include:
* Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
* 5-10 years' experience working within vacuum technology or cryogenic sectors
* Mechanical Designer with emphasis on vacuum cryogenic technology background. Must be familiar with Solidworks & PDM.
* High Vacuum Systems Design & Testing (in order of 1 x 10-7 mbar). Experience & knowledge of SAP Small Business One an advantage.
* Experience in LN2 cooled systems and conductive coating technology an advantage.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel.
Desirable skills include:
* Able to produce manufacturing drawings for vacuum flanges, machined components and welded assemblies.
* BOM structuring and maintenance.
* Design calculations for vacuum system components. Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) Ability to work to tight timescales
* Solid organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
* Self-motivated person with an ability to work with a low level of supervision
For further information please contact sash Booth at IC Resources.
You can search for a new job here.