12 month contract
South East England
£40 - £44 p/h
IC Resources are working with a market leading engineering business based in the South East to find a Mechanical Engineer for a period of 12 months. This is a hands on design position and will play an integral part in the team as the interface between the senior engineers and the detail design engineers. Your responsibilities will include:
· Development of designs to satisfy technical specifications and requirements.
· Prepare supporting design calculations to substantiation of designs.
· Check design calculations of designers and other engineers within the team
· Actively contribute to design & safety reviews (Risk Assessments & HAZOP's) from technical standpoint
· Preparation of technical specifications in liaison with client and project team
· Produce design documentation throughout the design process including scope of works, method statements, risk assessments, technical files and other technical documentation to comply with design standards, safety legislation/regulatory requirements and those of the client
· Prepare installation, commissioning and operating documents
· Planning & allocation of workload to members of design team in order to deliver packages of work
· Management of sub-contractors providing niche services to the design.
The successful applicant will have:
· A recognised engineering qualification such as HNC / HND / Degree.
· Membership of a discipline specific Institution (e.g. IMechE; IstructE; IED)
· >5 Years' experience in the role of design in a nuclear environment, or other equivalent highly regulated industry.
· Good understanding of Inventor & AutoCAD.
· Experience in design for manufacture.
· Good knowledge of detail design and detailed drawing production within a high tech industry environment.
· Ability to working to tight deadlines & a strong team player attitude.
· Proven track record of successfully delivering design solutions.
· Good understanding of Statutory and safety Regulations and their appropriate utilisation.
· Proven track record within a project environment with strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
· Customer/client liaison skills and good commercial awareness.
· Demonstrable competence gained in a design delivery position.
· Knowledge of generic mechanical principle such as forces, stresses, materials selection & design principles
Desirable experience includes:
· Inspection, Installation, Commissioning experience (site or planning)
· Management and technical delivery of medium sized design teams in the delivery of scheme / preliminary design packages
· Management of sub-contractors.
· Inventor modelling skills.
· Experience in delivering piping and skid projects.
· Glovebox design and manufacture.
· Strong knowledge and high standards in drafting and drawing checking.
If you fulfil the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.
You can search for a new job here.