My client, a pioneer in cutting-edge technology, is looking for an engineer with experience of designing, building and debugging; small, high precision machines with complex motion.
The role will involve:
* Developing concepts, through to fully detailed designs of manually operated prototypes, hands-on with assembly and testing to deliver a machine that can be used for low volume prototype production of precision components to tolerances of a few microns.
* Working with 3rd party automated machine builders in the UK and China to transfer these technologies to full-scale production machines capable of producing millions of products; before supporting the transfer and commissioning of these machines at customer sites in China.
* Demonstrated understanding of how to achieve the highest accuracy by inherent design, rather than just tight tolerances.
Valuable experience would include:
* Experience in the design of manufacturing equipment would be particularly valuable.
* Experience of transferring prototype technologies into production machines.
* Experience of working with 3rd party machine designers to specify, design and qualify working systems.
* Experience of designing for precision part manufacture such as wire eroding, photo etching and high precision machining.
If you fulfill the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.
You can search for a new job here.