Mechanical Methods and Tools Engineer
IC Resources is working with a leading global automotive business to find a Mechanical Methods and Tools Engineer to be based in their Bavarian site. This role will hold responsibility for the development, implementation, continuous improvement and support of engineering methods and tools for Mechanical Engineering.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing, implementing and continuously improving efficient and effective engineering methods to reach product development efficiency within a process compliant environment.
- Achieving standardization of methods throughout the entire company across all our product lines and global locations
- Ensuring engineering methods are efficiently supported by tools by defining requirements for existing or new solutions.
- Working with IT to maintain tool configuration and integrate new tools required for product development
- Supporting development projects to achieve efficient utilization of engineering tools in line with defined methods
- Nurturing user's understanding of how methods and tools are supporting their tasks and goal achievement
- Enforcing users' adherence to methods by proper utilization of corresponding tools
- Identifying potential, defining concepts and driving continuous improvement efforts for process and tools landscape as well as the department's own internal processes, methods and tools.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent (Master's preferred)
- 3-5 years' relevant working experience in this area
- Advanced knowledge of automotive Mechanical Development
- Advanced knowledge of automotive Systems engineering
- Basic knowledge of automotive engineering toolchain across all disciplines
- Basic knowledge of Automotive Standards e.g. V-Model, SPICE/CMMI, IATF 16949, APQP or comparable
- Basic knowledge in method definition, documentation and training
- Basic knowledge of structured problem management and problem solving
- Basic knowledge of project management, activity planning, monitoring and control techniques
- Basic knowledge of Process Modeling, Process development
- Advanced knowledge in PTC integrity for Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office package (i.e. MS Excel)
- Basic knowledge of PLM/ALM tools (i.e. PTC Tool Suite)
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Fluent in German (speaking and writing)
If you fulfill the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.
Baden-Wurttemberg, Bavaria, Rhineland-Palatinate, Saarland
Save To Shortlist