I am working with a hugely successful and growing business based in Surrey to find a Mechanical Research Engineer to join the team. The work will involve engineering and research activities to innovate, design, test and analyse with the goal of ensuring that the company products are the best on the market over the long term.
* Responsibilities include, although are not limited to the following:
* Generate idea for improvements to the mechanical and thermal design of in-wheel electric motors
* Develop, test and analyse motor design improvements
* Develop high-level concept designs to support feasibility work with prospective customers
* Manage/participate in collaborative projects with Universities and other institutions
* Liaise with key suppliers, customers and Engineering Centres worldwide on motor design and development
* Degree qualified
* Proven experience in developing new concept designs
* Proficient in the use of SolidWorks (2D & 3D)
* Experience of electro-magnetic products, ideally electric motors
* Previous use of both thermal and stress analysis tools
* Previous experience of designing experiments and analysing results
* Familiar with BS8888
* Knowledgeable of a wide range of materials and their application
You can search for a new job here.