Mobile Security Engineer
South West London
Up to £60k depending on experience
Our client based in South West London has an urgent requirement for an experienced Mobile Security Engineer. The successful candidate will join a team responsible for security certification for the company's mobile devices and will be working within an established team which specialises in the mobile security solutions. You will be responsible for providing expertise in the area of mobile security certifications to address immediate requirements of government customers across the globe. The role requires a good understanding of Mobile Security Certification including the latest technologies and processes.
* Process involved in getting the companies Smartphones and Tablet devices certified for various government agencies across the globe.
* Liaise with government certification teams to understand day to day issues and progress through certification process.
* Create all necessary documents which describe the overall process and share with business stake holders.
* Create necessary documents to describe issues encountered in effective manner to get right support from development teams.
* Understand detailed security characteristics for device/function to be certified and prepare device to meet those characteristics with the help development team. This can also include writing code to create test module to verify requirements and creating necessary documents describing security of product/function.
* Create overall plan to get certification, own and execute the plan.
* Work the product management team to educate them with requirements customers and influence product roadmap.
* Travel to attend meetings with certification bodies and customers.
* Timely provision of written progress reports to your team leader.
* All work is to be of a professional standard, paying due regard to safety, efficiency, cost effectiveness, time scales and the needs of the company.
Skills and attributes:
* A degree in Computing and Communications or any related discipline (an equivalent period of industrial experience may be substituted).
* Substantial in Security Accreditation activity including CESG, CPA, CAPS, CC, FIPS etc,
* Proficiency in C & C++ programming language. This experience is necessary to understand existing code and write test code to verify security requirements.
* Able to create accreditation strategy, good understanding of security architecture, security evaluation, Threat and Risk Assessment experience.
* Knowledge of various device security attack vectors including Apps, Browser, connectivity, device management, networking, local storage etc.,
* Necessary documentation skills required to create process documents and day-to-day documents including PowerPoint's
* A high degree of self-motivation, and a proactive approach to problem resolution.
* A good level of inter-personal and communication skills.
* Good analytical and logical thinking capability.
* Specialist degree in IT security is beneficial.
* Mobile device security certification experience is highly desirable.
* Have established contacts with certification bodies.
* In particular Android and Linux security experience a bonus
* Having knowledge of SW design and development methodologies will be a plus point.
* Working experience within an organisation that develops real time embedded handset software
* The desire and the ability to work within a team structure and to take responsibility for your own work.
If you have the skills and experience necessary to fulfil the role or would like further information then please contact Seamus Hayes at IC Resources.
Keywords: South West London, Mobile Security, C/C++, Networking, Android, Linux
You can search for a new job here.