Working as a Web Platform Engineer, your main responsibility is to maintain an Open Source strategy for the Web Domain. You should have experience working in the Web domain and should continue to take forward my clients open source projects in Web Domain. The Open Source Group exists to ensure that my clients needs on the upstream projects are taken into account. In your role you will design and implement solutions which accommodate them as well as the Open Source community you work with. You will be responsible for performing all, or part, of the software development cycle (from Defining, Gathering Requirement, Specification, Designing, Documentation, Implementation, Verification and Commercialization Support) for a given area of software development. Due to the scope of the project, applicants will need prior experience working in Web Engine such as V8 or JerryScript or SpiderMonkey. The activities will include working on newer area of Web Domain as well improving / optimisation / enhancement of the Web Engine.
Necessary Skills / Attributes
The main tasks you are expected to perform include, but are not limited to:
* Engage directly with the Open Source community and Samsung internal customers to facilitate effective development.
* Develop, implement or improve areas of functionality and technology
* Provide advice and project proposals to higher management regarding industry trends.
Skills and attributes:
* A degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Natural Science, Mathematics, Engineering or any related discipline (an equivalent period of industrial experience may be substituted).
* Several years of experience in the Web Domain.
* Working knowledge of Open Source projects related to Web Engines such as Jerryscript or V8 or SpiderMonkey or Servo
* Keep Jerryscript conform with ECMAScript and provide class leading performance
* Open source community management
* Public speaking and blogging
* Work with 3rd party partners and developers.
* Experience in software design, testing and debugging techniques.
* Proficiency in open source development tools like git, build systems and collaboration tools.
* Experience working in distributed teams.
* Experience representing company in larger consortium.
* Self-starter and ability to work within a team structure.
* A high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work alone, managing own work and setting sensible priorities according to requirements.
* The ability to take responsibility for your own technical decisions.