Power Electronics Engineer
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Power Electronics Engineer for a permanent position based in the South of the UK. The role will be working in a globally recognised company as part of an established team focusing on high performance applications.
* Design, develop and test new and existing inverter products
* Working on the full development cycle (specification, design, schematic capture, through to supporting PCB layout, manufacture and assembly.
* Designing the best practices and industry standards in terms of EMC, creepage and clearance, thermal management, and robustness.
* Responsible for the electronic design of gate drivers, internal power supplies, digital control platform and sensor interfaces.
* Reusing sections of existing designs where possible, customising and adapting where necessary.
We are ideally looking for someone who has worked on power electronic design for high power inverters utilising IGBTs and ideally SiC MOSFETs. Ideally are able to mix power electronic design with motor control elements, have knowledge of how to optimise gate driver design to balance switching speeds with inverter efficiency and EMC requirements. Have a practical knowledge of motor control sensor technologies and analogue electronics, are able to optimise component design to maximise efficiency, package density and thermal performance.
Can work as part of a multi-disciplinary team including hardware, software, mechanical and systems engineers. Must be able to engage with a broad range of stakeholders and work within a matrix organisation.
Have a First class degree or upper 2nd in a relevant electrical/electronic engineering subject or equivalent experience.
If this is something you are interested in and would be interested in more information, please do not hesitate to get in touch as opportunities like this aren't around for long.
Keywords: Design, PCB, EMC, Motor Controls, MOSFETs, Power, Schematic
You can search for a new job here.