Powertrain Calibration Engineer
10 month contract
£20 - £23.50 p/h
IC Resources are working with a hugely successful automotive business based in the Midlands to find a Powertrain Calibration Engineer to join an established team working on a range of exciting future applications and technologies. The role involves simulation, test bed and vehicle based calibration activities to optimise performance and emissions to meet both legislative and customer specific targets. The successful applicant will have:
* Powertrain Calibration experience
* Expertise with calibration and data analysis tools (e.g INCA, Matlab, Concerto etc). Good analytical skills & good working knowledge of MS Office software.
* Excellent communication skills
* Minimum qualification of a degree (or equivalent) in relevant engineering subject, preferably Mechanical Engineering.
* Minimum of 1-2 years experience in a powertrain calibration team environment.
* Experience in identifying and solving root cause of complex calibration related problems.
* Experienced user of engineering tools such as Matlab, Simulink, DIADEM, INCA, AVL Concerto, Cameo and CRETA.
* Experience of working within a calibration team and applying and improving methods, processes and engineering tools.
* Fundamental understanding of powertrain systems and control theory required.
* Master of Science or Phd qualification preferred.
* Experience applying control theory preferred. Knowledge of thermodynamics desirable. Interpretation and specification of simulation data.
* Experience/knowledge applying Design of Experiments (DOE) tools.
* Experience in the application of model based calibrations.
If you fulfil the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.
You can search for a new job here.