Product Quality Engineer - Telecommunications
Based in Slough the Product Quality Engineer will work for a leading Telecommunications company where you will learn specific products and be responsible to work with the relevant departments to resolve all issues related to quality. This includes onsite visits in Israel and abroad at subcontractors, manufacturers and suppliers.
The role requires a range of abilities; from inspecting products, mechanical items and components to understanding the test process and its outputs in order to work with the appropriate teams and provide sufficient information to achieve effective improvements. The product quality engineer will work with each department and become aware of all requirements relating to the specific products under their review. Read and understand engineering drawings, instructions and processes in order to create accurate root cause analysis. Validate and support the statistical analysis of products in collaboration with the QA statistics engineer. The product quality engineer reports to the Quality assurance Vice President and is guided by him on the relevant priorities and products relevant to the role. This role requires time spent at subcontractors abroad and therefore requires the ability to work alone, but still ensure that all relevant departments, persons are involved in all actions, analysis and resolutions in the most efficient manner.
Key duties of the role are as follows
* Product quality assessment and identification of critical issues
* Sub-contractor onsite support
* Online inspection
* Goods inwards inspection
* Onsite non-conformance resolution
* Yield improvements - Collaboration with other departments
* Process feedback to engineering and test engineering for improvement of quality outputs
* Identify process and product improvements to relevant departments and work to resolution as prioritised
To be successful in this role the Product Quality Engineer will have the following skills and experience
* Certified Quality Engineer
* 2 + years' experience of mechanical and plastic parts inspection and standards
* 2 + years' experience working onsite with subcontract manufacturers in a quality engineering role
* 2 + years' experience with risk management and fast improvement resolution
* 1 + years' experience of RF and outdoor product quality.
* Good interpersonal skills
* Ability to work at a distance yet achieve transparency with all relevant interfaces.
Key words - Product Quality Engineer, RF and outdoor product quality, risk management, fast improvement resolution, mechanical, plastics and parts inspection
You can search for a new job here.