Production Fitter and Servicing Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 + Company car
Responsible for constructing machines from parts to full working models and ensuring all test and commissioning checks have been completed to the recognised standard in a timely manner. Support Sales Dept. through technical liaison and demonstration of equipment. Support production and engineering departments with testing, commissioning, and product development.
· Responsible for ensuring all machine wiring is completed in accordance with company ISO 9001/European and company standards
· Responsible for undertaking testing on all products to ensure compliance with recognised standards and appropriate safety regulations
· Responsible for commissioning products to ensure full working functionality is achieved to the required standards
· Responsible for ensuring timely collection of production kits from Stores to facilitate machine production in accordance with agreed deadlines.
· Responsible for ensuring machine compliance specification testing is undertaken which ensures product meets required standard
· Responsible for timely reporting to Purchasing Department of faulty parts and inspection failures
· Responsible for completing all appropriate documentation to the required standards
· Responsible for ensuring all work undertaken complies with company standards in the areas of technical specification, functionality, quality and risk limitation.
· Responsible for maintaining detailed technical knowledge of all company products, including third party equipment.
· Responsible for complying with all health & safety requirements and safe operating practices operated by the company and client.
· Provide on-site trouble shooting support
· Conduct on-site installation, commissioning and training - on occasion off site installations which could be over-seas.
· ONC Mechanical engineering
· Industrial Electro/mechanical background
· Precision mechanical and understanding of electronics
· Testing procedures, Problem solving, Ability to prioritise, Analytical skills
· Knowledge to working to ISO 9001 standards.
· Able to work full time and some additional hours
· Knowledge, skill and/or ability developed from a minimum of 3 to 5 years test probe related experience performing the essential duties or equivalent responsibility
· MUST be willing to travel regularly for work - UK and some overseas
You can search for a new job here.