Ultrahaptics is the world’s leading mid-air haptic technology company.
By using ultrasound and complex, patent protected algorithms to create tangible feeling in mid-air, we have created a unique technology that is attracting industry awards, international press coverage and unprecedented customer interest from all over the world.
We’re working with our recruitment partners IC Resources to take our Bristol HQ team from 40 to 100 people in the next 12 months.
As a talented and motivated Project Manager, we’d like you to join our dynamic team and be part of our long term success.
To lead complex cross-discipline projects through the full cycle from specification to release.
- Support the use of product development processes and tools like Agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc., depending on project needs;
- Working closely with customers and/or internal teams to define and maintain project scope through development life cycle;
- Delivering projects on time and to spec;
- Developing and managing project schedules;
- Issues and risk management;
- Being a source of motivation and encouragement to the engineering team;
- Accomplishing goals through the indirect authority of matrix management;
- Working and coordinating across multiple teams;
- Ensuring project documentation is current and communicating to project stakeholders and management;
- Identifying potential challenges and working with the engineering team to identify a solution;
- Co-ordinating with external partners, contractors and customers;
- Work with team leaders to develop best practices and development processes in a quickly changing environment;
- Establishing, maintaining and improving project management processes.
What you need:
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience;
- A computer science, electronic engineering or other technical degree;
- Confident and well versed communicator, strong oral and written skills; ability to translate a customers’ needs, probe for answers and determine the optimum solution;
- A strong focus on execution and delivery;
- Experience of agile development methodologies;
- Experience acting as a scrum master and/or product owner an advantage;
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work round obstacles to get things done;
- Experience with project management tools like JIRA an advantage;
- Experience of QA processes;
- Familiarity with project management, issue tracking and version control software;
- Proven ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Great attention to detail;
- Project management qualification such as APMG Agile or Prince2 and advantage.
- This position reports into Project & Operations Manager;
- Occasional travel both European and international maybe required;
- The post-holder may be required to undertake such other comparable duties as is commensurate with experience and skills and which maybe required by the business from time to time.