Senior CAD Support Engineer - Analog IC - Simulations
Highly Competitive Salary - plus benefits
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior CAD Support/Methodology Engineer to join a global leader in Semiconductor development for consumer applications based in the city of Munich! Your role as senior member of the CAD team will be to architect, develop, maintain and enhance simulation methodology and solutions for Analog/Mixed Signal and RF IC designs.
You will be working with various technology nodes and providing flows and methodologies for the different tool sets. You will be tasked with interfacing with the Analog/Mixed Signal and RF IC Designers and layout teams as well as 3rd party EDA tool vendors to drive and coordinate the development and validating simulation flows, enhancing custom design environment, validating checks and results analysis. Industry qualified with a Masters or PhD, the successful CAD/EDA Support / Methodology engineer will have 10+ years of industry experience in Analog design flows and/or related CAD support areas including circuit simulations and CAD/automation support areas involving various technology nodes and tapeout.
You will be required to have an in depth understanding of Various simulators along with extensive background supporting Spice, Fast-Spice, AMS, co-simulation in transistor level circuit simulation domains, including but not limited to DC/Transient/Noise/PSS, Cross corner PVT, Ageing/Reliability analysis, MonteCarlo simulations. Additional experience is required in some or all of the following:
- Virtuoso ADE (Analog Design Environment L/XL/GXL) plus sub-set tools including OCEAN, Corners, Sweeps, MonteCarlo and Optimisation.
- ADE Results access, Data Analysis, Waveform plotting, including OCEAN scripting customization with different simulators.
- Proficiency with spice simulators, including Spectre/APS/XPS, SpectreRF, AFS (BDA), Hspice, HspiceRF, NCSim, XA, Hsim, FineSim.
- Strong ability to solve simulation accuracy, speed and capacity issues.
- Experience in evaluating simulation and environment related CAD tool/product applications, and driving EDA vendors to meet design requirements.
- Understand custom IC designs and knowledge in extraction.
- Understanding behavioural models for AMS/EF circuits, experience in Verilog
- Knowledge of PDK and spice models qualification.
- Programming skills in languages like: SKILL, Ocean, Perl, Python, TCL, Shell.
The successful CAD Support engineer will be a team player will excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with German language skills an asset.
Location: Munich Germany.Contact Leon at IC Resources to apply and find out more!
You can search for a new job here.