Senior Embedded / Firmware Engineer - Edinburgh
Exciting new opportunity for a Senior Embedded Engineer to join a growing multidisciplinary scientific and engineering product development team based in Livingston. The role will primarily be focussed on embedded firmware development but there will also be a need for some higher level C++ and GUI development as well.
Suitable applicants will be well qualified with a relevant degree and 5yrs plus commercial Embedded Software Development expertise plus:
* Experience in all areas of Software / firmware development - from gathering requirements and writing specifications to testing and debugging.
* Broad Microsoft Windows and Linux programming experience using C / C++ / C#.
* An understanding of Object Oriented Design methods and patterns, including Unified Modelling Language (UML).
* User Interface (UI) design skills.
* Experience of using Source Code Management (including SVN) and Bug tracking tools.
* Experienced in the use of ARM processors.
* Using communications interfaces such as USB and Ethernet to connect to hardware devices such as hardware controllers, sensors and cameras
* Controlling and monitoring hardware devices with stepper motors, digital I/O and ADCs/DACs.
* Broad Microsoft Windows / Linux programming experience.
* Appreciation of hardware electronics design to complement associated coding.
* Experience of working in multi-disciplined technical R&D environments, collaborating with engineering or scientific colleagues.
Please send your CV to Emma Windows at IC Resources.
Keywords: Embedded, firmware, C/C++, GUI, ARM, R&D Sciences, Livingston, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
You can search for a new job here.