Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary: £32,000 - £40,000
· To issue machines and ancillary equipment to contract, produce factory layouts complete with services and installation information.
· To provide assistance to sales and customer service departments on technical offering to ensure smooth contract execution.
· To maintain modular product structure for product range.
· To provide product leadership and ensure specified solution is implemented.
· Manage priorities to ensure timely contract issue.
· To ensure accurate drawings and parts lists are produced in accordance with company standards and quality procedures.
· To ensure compliance with CAD best practices.
· To be fully competent in the use of Unigraphics NX application and TeamCenter.
· To ensure compliance of the equipment with legislation (e.g. EC Directives).
· To ensure compliance of the equipment with company standards and quality procedures.
· To maintain and update drawings and parts lists by authorisation and completion of change requests.
· To work with suppliers to ensure applications are fully and reliably implemented.
· To undertake calculations for design on contract work.
· To brief field engineers and visit site when necessary.
· To support engineering development and customer services as appropriate.
· A highly motivated, confident and dedicated professional.
· Currently in a key role within a design team.
· Competent in the use of 3D design and ERP business systems.
· An innovative engineer with an analytical approach to problem solving.
· Qualified to degree level or equivalent in Engineering.
· Able to work alone or as a member of a design team.
· Good communication skills.
· Good PC literacy skills - Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
· Able to travel both within the UK and throughout the world.
You can search for a new job here.