Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
40K - 50K
I'm searching form a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer who will work for a global leader in the design, manufacture and supply of communication products, systems and applications developed specifically for business and mission critical communications.
Based in Cambridge and reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Team Leader the applicant would be involved in the whole lifecycle of product development from concept and prototype stages, through to production and support.
This role requires experience and skills across the full development lifecycle; from technical specification through design and verification, and into product integration and mass production.
* Experienced Creo/Pro Engineer user
* Experience of electro-mechanical packaging (PCB housing, switches, buttons, PCB interconnects, LCDs)
* Experience of specifying technical requirements and managing outsourced development
* Sound knowledge of plastic injection moulding techniques and low cost manufacturing
* Sound materials and materials processing knowledge
* A structured, proactive approach - numerically focused
* Customer (internal and external) focused
* Engineering process and control
* Handset Design
* Ruggedised equipment design
* Design for automotive installations
* Industrial design abilities
* Design for Human Factors
You can search for a new job here.