Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Cambridge
My client is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with a track record of innovative product design and development. You will use your industry-proven leadership and design skills at all stages of the development lifecycle, solving real world problems for market-leading clients.
You will be taking the lead mechanical design role in complex and ambitious product developments, with responsibility for a design from concept through to transfer-to-manufacture. You will have an input in planning, proposal & concept generation and direct liaison with clients. You will also be expected to liaise with others across many engineering disciplines and be responsible for specifying, designing and executing experimental programmes with teams of scientists and technicians. You will take ownership of project tasks requiring delivery within tight timescales and budgets, managing both internal and external resources.
* An excellent first degree in mechanical engineering or a related discipline.
* Direct experience of product development in the consumer product industry, including experience of the detail design of components.
* An in-depth knowledge of high volume manufacturing methods and processes .
* Experience of specifying and developing dynamic systems including gears, seals, drive mechanisms, linkages and cams etc.
* The ability and aptitude to work with abstract system design concepts, as well as good principles of engineering design.
* A proven ability to manage a team of engineers and technicians.
* Hands-on experience of 3D CAD (preferably Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire and SolidWorks).
* Detailed knowledge of rapid prototyping methods.
* Experience in DfM, design for test, and reliability engineering
* A postgraduate qualification with a high level of practical experience
* An appreciation of the use of engineering analysis tools in product development including CFD and FEA
* System modelling ability including Excel, Matlab and Simulink
Keywords: Mechanical, SolidWorks, CAD, Moulding, Product, Design, Engineering, Manufacturing, Industrial
You can search for a new job here.