I'm recruiting a Mechanical Design Engineer for a small high technology company based in Oxfordshire. You will work within global energy and aerospace markets with large blue chip multi-nationals throughout the world.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will work with a small multidisciplinary R&D team of technicians and engineers. This role is primarily concerned with development of sensors and sensor systems. The mechanical Engineer will also help develop in-house test and manufacturing facilities as 'off the shelf' rigs are not generally available.
The successful candidate will also be involved in new projects including working with customers in the proposal and specification of optical sensing systems.
The main duties of the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be:
Design of sensor element and high temperature packaging including:
- Mechanical design
- Analytical and numerical modelling and analysis
- Working with the process engineering team to develop assembly processes
- Analysis, design, construction and commissioning of new test equipment
Support for customer applications including:
- Specification of new sensor applications
- Fixture design and analysis for existing sensor products
- Ownership and maintenance of the company drawing office to ISO9001 standards
- Managing suppliers, including the definition of supplier requirements and incoming inspection criteria
- Assist in development of IP for the company
Skills and Qualifications
- Dynamic and enthusiastic individual
- Excellent practical skills
- First degree with a good grounding in physics and maths
- A minimum of 2 years' relevant experience
- Knowledge of FEA stress and thermal analysis (ideally high temperature materials and applications)
- Knowledge of design for manufacture and harsh environment packaging
- Knowledge of SolidWorks and COMSOL will be a distinct advantage, although training will be provided
- Good communication skills including technical writing and presentations.
You can search for a new job here.