Senior Mechanical Engineer
6 month contract
£55 - £63 p/h
IC Resources is working with a highly regarded business to find a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer on a contract basis. The position will involve:
· Seek and share good practice and knowledge locally to continuously improve own practices.
· Working to timescales.
· Work as a contributory engineering team member
· Mechanical design and development using 3D CAD tools (Creo 4).
· Provide technical direction/support on critical business programmes to ensure delivery of mechanical engineering excellence.
· Provide key support to critical technical problem investigations and deliver effective solutions.
· Support and facilitate reviews and sign off release of mechanical designs in accordance with business and industry standards.
· Champion improvements in product manufacturability through effective relationship building and design guidance.
· Build effective cross functional relationships within local site, across business and internationally within group and suppliers.
The successful applicant will :
· Ideally be from an Aerospace or electro-optics background.
· Perform 'hands on' mechanical design and development using 3D CAD software (preferably Creo 4). The ability to create drawings and do 'first-pass' structural analysis to determine if a design is fit for purpose would be an advantage.
· Adhere to standards for mechanical engineering best practice.
· Deliver innovative, optimised engineering solutions.
· Proven record on delivering design solutions against requirements, within budget and timescales.
· Work as part of a multi discipline integrated project team.
If you fulfil the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.
You can search for a new job here.