Project Structural Engineer - Construction
We currently have an exclusive requirement for an experienced Structural Engineer to join a consultancy based in the South West. Please note that this is a retained search assignment and our client is using only IC Resources to fill this specific position; you will be unable to make any application directly/through any other third party for this role.
Structural Engineer required for a rapidly growing consultancy based in the South West. With a 30% growth already this year they are looking for a Structural Engineer who has either achieved ICE Chartered status or is close to reaching qualifying status. This is an exciting opportunity and offers genuine progression and the chance to become a future leader within the company.
- Minimum of 5 years UK industry design experience of buildings, ranging from residential through to commercial and industrial projects.
- Experience of using structural calculation, and 3D analysis and design software packages.
- Experience being the lead structural designer for consultants on UK building projects up to £10M value.
- Be able to interrogate and review AutoCad drawings.
- Knowledge and experience of Tedds calculation software and 3D Analysis software would be highly advantageous.
What you will be doing:
- Develop structural engineering designs and models, and prepare design calculations for foundations, steelwork, concrete, timber and masonry.
- Be responsible for the programming and delivery of project design and drawing information.
- Actively promote close and collaborative working relationships with Senior Engineers, CAD technicians and colleagues.
- Supervise graduate engineers and support them in their career development.
- Attend site and project meetings.
- Chartered or near-Chartered Member of Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE).
For more information, or to apply for this position, please do not hesitate to get in contact.