My client is an exciting AI start-up with excellent semiconductor pedigree, who are successfully building SoC solutions on high performance silicon. This includes the chip, the software and the AI tools required to train data and create neural networks.
They're currently looking for an Applications Engineer to act as a conduit between sales, marketing and engineering - interfacing with customers to gather requirements, translating these back to the relevant in house teams, demonstrating the solution and ultimately supporting the sales cycle.
It's a hybrid function which still requires being 'hands on' with the technology. The successful candidate will need:
- A degree in electronics engineering, computer science, machine learning or similar
- Experience building and modifying embedded software
- Knowledge of 3D graphics, GPUs, and/or compressed video
- A good understanding of embedded hardware
- The ability to explain complex concepts to customers
- Good presentation skills
This is a unique opportunity for a software engineer with a 'customer facing' disposition to work at the cusp of innovation in AI/ML/NN, and branch out in to an applications engineer/ product manager direction. Reporting directly in to the VP of Product, there's plenty of scope to progress as the business continues to scale.
You can search for a new job here.