My client is an exciting tech 'start-up' in the heart of Berlin, who are applying Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to enhance the power of advertising and customer engagement/ retention within mobile apps. It's very much a marketing and e-commerce focused solution, powered by AI that analyzes 100's of data points to profile prospective customers and bridge the gap between supply and demand, with intelligent 'matching'.
They're currently looking for a Data Engineer who can:
- Develop a big data solution, capable of processing 100's of terabytes per day
- Cooperate with Data Scientists to ensure the delivery of actionable data
- Build a framework enabling access to multi-dimensional data sets almost instantaneously
The successful candidate will need:
- 6+ years of experience with Core Java or Scala (in concurrency and multi-threaded programming)
- A solid track record with big data solutions (Hadoop, Spark, Parquet)
- Good knowledge of large messaging infrastructures (Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience crafting queries in SQL databases
This is a start-up who have generated a lot of traction! They have very high profile investors (with a combined portfolio of 724 investments), who have contributed $3.7M over 3 rounds. This is a key hire for them to ensure their core platform is slick, resilient, and capable of delivering data which is imperative for the daily operations of the business.
You can search for a new job here.