Software / Data Engineer
A global high profile communications giant is looking for a consultant software or data engineer to join its Paris team.
My client is developing advanced forward error correction (FEC) schemes for optical fibre communications. The development requires exhaustive simulations on a simulation platform for performance evaluation and validation purposes. You will be responsible for developing & managing this simulation platform and assist the research team with implementations.
- Develop the simulation platform in a flexible and modular approach;
- Build flexible tools for data handling, archiving, and visualisation;
- Build tools for efficient simulation automation and job scheduling;
- Assist implementation and testing of new modules;
- Contribute to the creative and innovative atmosphere at the Huawei Paris Research Lab.
- Modern object oriented programming languages (Python and C++). Experience with Docker containers is a plus;
- Experience of building interfaces to and using relational database management systems (e.g. MySQL);
- Knowledge on distributed computing (job scheduling, job managing, CPU resource management) and data visualization are mandatory;
- Knowledge about FEC coding or optical communications would be a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English
You can search for a new job here.