Scientific Software Engineer - Python
As Scientific Software Engineer you will report directly to the CTO and be solely responsible for scientific software engineering, supporting development of the company's prototype device over the next year.
Duties of the Scientific Software Engineer will most likely include:
* Development of the instrument control software that powers the sensor, and that collects and models the data
* Developing in-house data analysis pipelines and tools to allow scientists to analyse and interpret experimental data
* Analysis of experimental data (time-series signal processing, algorithms, numerical modelling)
* Developing prototype customer-facing UI for the product, including compelling data visualisation
* Designing and implementing simple development processes and management tools to optimise the quality and value of the code base
There will be the opportunity for a leadership position following prototype completion, when the team size will significantly increase.
* Broad software engineering capability with experience of science / engineering / data analysis applications
* Proficient in Python (SciPy, NumPy, Pandas) or alternative tools (eg Matlab, R) for data visualisation, data analysis, signal processing and algorithms
* Experience in software / hardware integration
* Experience in compiled languages like C / C++ / C#
* Experience / knowledge of simple front-end web development for internal customers
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Keen to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, rapidly-growing start-up environment
* Masters degree in a technical field (Physics, Applied Mathematics, Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science)
It would also be beneficial if you have previous experience working within a start-up environment.
If you would like to learn more about this exciting disruptive tech start-up then please contact Simon Allen at IC Resources for further information.
You can search for a new job here.