My client is significantly increasing the speed and accuracy of infection diagnosis from blood samples, using a unique semiconductor technology for DNA analysis. Funded by a $50M+ grant from a US governing body, they're producing less cumbersome and more affordable systems which can be used by hospitals/labs to increase their throughput of samples, to provide better quality healthcare.
They're currently looking for a Software Engineer in West London who can work on their core analysis platform, which produces very high volumes of real time data. The successful candidate will need:
- A degree is Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Physics, Mathematics, or similar
- A background developing software in Python, ideally with scientific packages such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas or Seaborn
- Skills in at least one of the following areas: real-time signal processing, NGS data analysis, optimisation, and machine learning (ML)
- Confidence working in a mixed Windows/Linux environment
- The ability to oversee the full SW lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, test and maintenance in an agile environment
This company are genuinely making a substantial societal impact. With offices in London and California, they're gaining a lot of traction on 'both sides of the pond' and offering the chance to be an integral part of developing technology that will ultimately save lives.
You can search for a new job here.