We're looking for a Software Team Lead to join a technology company in Cambridge where your role will be split between technical leadership, project management, and line management responsibility for the developers in the team. The team operates in agile way, so you'll be working with product management and key stakeholders to schedule and track the team's work, coordinate with the wider product engineering team, and steer the overall technical direction of the team itself when required. You will mentor and develop the members of your team, while your development experience means you can still write code as and when required.
As Software Team Lead you will have:
* previous team lead experience within commercial software teams
* a software engineering background, ideally with C++ use, OO design skills and multi-platform experience
* ability to estimate, prioritise and track workloads for you and your team
* familiarity with agile methodologies such as Scrum and understand both their strengths and weaknesses
* can juggle the needs of diﬀerent stakeholders, while keeping them up to date and setting expectations appropriately
* excellent oral and written communication skills
* a good technical degree (or equivalent qualiﬁcation / experience)
If you have any experience with mobile, web, networking or graphics technologies, that's a bonus too.
If you are an experienced Software Team Lead with programming skills in C++, then get in touch with Simon Allen at IC Resources.
Keywords: Team, Lead, C++, Java, Software, Engineer, developer, API, network, windows, Mac, Linux, Unix, OOP, OOD, HTML5, iOS, graphics, Cambridge
You can search for a new job here.