IC Resources is working with a hugely successful global business to find a Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer for an initial period of 6 months. The responsibilities of the role include:
* Working with other functions, lead the Supplier Quality Assurance activities for the Infra-red and Systems businesses.
* Effective capture and implementation of supplier quality requirements (incl. appropriate standards) by working with Design and Manufacturing, and Suppliers.
* Manage the Return To Vendor process (RTV); identify trends and generate improvement plans
* Work with suppliers to reach root cause for defects, and agree effective corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence
* Maintain Supplier surveillance plan with the procurement function, and visit key Suppliers to reduce risk in the Supply Chain
* Generate Supplier Quality performance reports
* Work with Design and Inspection teams to raise inspection plans for new parts.
* Undertake internal Quality audits as part of overall internal audit plan.
* Ensure compliance to AS9100 Quality standard and to regulatory and legal requirements
The successful applicant will have:
* HNC/HND level in relevant science or engineering subject.
* Familiarity with Quality tools and techniques - (D)FMEA, Root cause analysis eg 8D , statistical techniques.
* Experience in a relevant manufacturing based industry (for example - electronics, semiconductor, optical packaging, medical, automotive, Space or defence)
* Understanding of and practical application of Quality Improvement tools and techniques, including SPC, FMEA, FAV/FAI, RCA and 8-D.
* Ability to understand sufficient technical information to have informed and effective discussions with Suppliers.
* Effective communicator to all levels of the business
* ISO9001 Experience (AS9100 preferred)
* Able to lead Supplier Quality Assurance activities across a variety of product and functional teams
Desirable experience includes:
* Education to Degree level or equivalent in relevant science or engineering subject.
* Familiarity with SAP
* Knowledge of configuration management principles
* Training as internal auditor
If you fulfil the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.