Technical Support Engineer (24/7)
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Share Options
My established Cambridge based Client has an urgent requirement for a Technical Support Engineer whose main responsibility is to participate in a shift rota to provide customers with 24x7 support coverage. In addition the successful applicant will provide 2nd-line support for the clients product offerings, work with the wider team to investigate and fix more complex problems, support the internal infrastructure and take an active part in the continuous improvement of the Support team's methods, processes and documentation.
· "Can do" attitude, detail/quality-oriented.
· Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
· Commercial experience of administering Linux systems.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, enabling professional, concise and accurate communication with all types of customers - internal or external, corporate or individual.
· Experience with Bash, Python and/or other scripting/programming languages.
· Desire to learn new skills.
· Experience working in cloud environments, preferably AWS.
· Experience implementing/improving monitoring (e.g. Zabbix, Nagios) and maintaining/supporting 24x7 services.
· Experience with some of the following technologies: Nginx, uWSGI, PostgreSQL, Ansible, Ubuntu, LDAP, virtualisation, orchestration/clustering, revision control.
To apply or for more information please contact Seamus Hayes at IC-Resources
You can search for a new job here.