Test Automation Developer
Location: South Wales
Salary: flexible (depending on level of experience)
Leading digital TV/VoD/Streaming technology company is looking to hire a further Test Automation Developer. The role will involve developing automated tests, research and development into innovative automation of development and test processes, automation and maintenance of test processes and scripts, spot automation opportunities to assist R&D scrum teams in the implementation and testing of new product features, assist in the definition of testing procedures, tools to produce and accompanying documentation, keep up with new development and testing techniques and continually strive to find better ways to achieve the scheduled tasks in agreed timeframes.
Essential experience required:
- Commercial work experience and exposure in development and test environments, especially in the areas of testing client-server applications and automation or head end services.
- Media application testing for either Android, iOS, Mac or PC.
- Scripting, e.g. Perl, Korn, Bash, PHP.
- At least one automation and continuous integration tool e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo.
- At least one automated unit and automated test tool e.g. Cucumber, Junit, gTest.
- Source Control Management e.g. Perforce.
- Linux e.g. RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS.
- Development and test management tools e.g. TestLink, VersionOne, XRay.
- Agile / bug management tools (Jira, Confluence, VersionOne).Desirable
- An understanding of OO programming methodologies.
- Fitness automation framework.
- Web application development.
- IDEs such as Visual Studio, XCode, Android Studio and Eclipse
- Automation of API testing.
- Deployment to: iOS App store, Chrome Store or Android Play Store.
- Media Streaming, headend services and DRM.
- VB Scripting for Microsoft products e.g Excel.
- Experience of DVB, HLS, DASH and MPEG standards.
- Experience with at least 1 of the following: CDN deployments, VM's, Servers and SANS.
- Testing methodologies (Scrum, Agile, Lean, TDD, BDD)
- TCP/IP networks and network traffic analysis, HTTP/HTTPS, DASH and HLS.
Great chance to join a global company with excellent career progression and personal development opportunities.
You can search for a new job here.